Official Press release from the 78th Annual Iowa Meat Convention.
Paul and Adam Polashek from Polashek’s Locker attended the annual Iowa meat convention. The 78th Annual Convention of the Iowa Meat Processors Association was held at the Gateway Hotel & Conference Center and the ISU Meat Laboratory in Ames, Iowa on February 13-16, 2014.
Processors from 38 Iowa plants were in attendance as well as suppliers in the trade show displaying products and services in 42 booths.
The convention participants attended seminars on the uniform meat identity standards, production of specialty fresh sausages, specialty flavored burgers, plant sanitation regulations, merchandising and marketing, and setting up a business succession plan under the direction of Dr. Joe Cordray, Meat Extension Specialist at Iowa State University.
A total of 277 products were entered in the annual Iowa meat competition.
Polashek’s Locker from Protivin, IA received plaques for the following entries in the competition:
- Champion – Cooked Summer Sausage
- Reserve Grand Champion – Innovative Specialty Pork Product (Ground and Formed Bacon)
- Reserve Champion – Flavored Snack Sticks (Hot Sticks with Cheese and Jalapenos)
- Reserve Champion – Beef Jerky
- Champion – Small Diameter Smoked Cooked Sausage (Smokies)
- Reserve Champion – Wieners